Property Tax Information
Property (ad valorem) taxes are taxed on real and/or business personal property.
- Real property includes land and improvements: an improvement is anything that adds value to real property such as a house, manufactured home, swimming pool, gazebo, chicken house, barn, etc.
- Business personal property refers to items which are used in any business and are movable or not permanently fixed to the land.
Important Annual Dates
- October 1: real and personal property taxes are due and payable
- December 31: last day to pay real and personal property taxes on time.
- January 1: taxes become delinquent. Payments on or after this date will be charged delinquent tax fees plus interest at the rate of 12% per annum.
- January: delinquent tax notices mailed.
- February 28: last day to pay real and personal property taxes via check: After this date all payments must be via certified funds such as a cashier’s check, credit/debit card, or cash.
- March: trackable/traceable notices mailed to delinquent property owner advising of the next tax lien auction.
- First Tuesday of May (normally): Annual Tax Lien Auction.